Thursday 21 June 2012

Midsummer??

Good evening

Oh well so that was the Solstice/Midsummer/Longest Day then - shame here in Suffolk it dawned grey & damp. I had hoped I'd wake (as I often do) at 4am and I'd decided I'd get up and watch the sun rise across the fields nearby - however for once I didn't wake up - perhaps a G&T & painkillers (for sciatica) last night weren't a good idea!!

One year I'd love to go here to celebrate the Solstice;


Its been a quiet week on the photograph front - I can't show you the one thing I've made this month as its for a swap and the parcel was only posted yesterday and I don't think its arrived yet.

I've been rather busy in the charity shop this week - I have been asked to be the Key Volunteer for the shop meaning when the Manager & Deputy both are away I get to be in 'charge' and they'll even pay me!!. I've been learning lots of clever stuff with the till and computer and even such essentials as to where all the light switches are as I'll get to open / close up!! Just 4 weeks till my first proper day - rather scary!!

Its rather quiet at home tonight - MrVV & Little Son are playing in a brass concert and Big Son has gone to help at the scout troop ahead of going away with them in the summer as a Young Leader. Lucky thing is heading to Derbyshire in the summer hols for 9 days of activities on land, water and underground caving.

Sadly the TV has nothing interesting on - just 22 men running around and chasing a ball - occasionally mixed with them tripping over their own feet and trying to blame someone else!!

Time to hunt down the cider me thinks.

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

8 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Yes my dear, 'tis a lousy weather day today for summer solstice :o(

I could do with warming up with a nice glass of cider too:o)

have a good weekend my lovely.
Take care.xx

Ellouise88 said...

Merry Midsummer! Shame the weather is so terrible! My husband's not into football, thank goodness, but he is watching something about being obese! I was going to have a slice of coffee cake but feeling a bit fat and guilty now!

Lisa said...

A friend of my husbands's went to Stonehenge for the sunrise but it was so wet he gave up and went home before it happened!
Well done of the charity shop 'promotion'.
Lisa x

Vix said...

It's more like Mid winter today, it's just dreadful!
I'd love to celebrate at Stonehenge, too. x

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Funnily enough I had a wee glass of cider last night while watching Lewis. No footie on STV thankfully!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Unknown said...

Sorry you are in pain, nice glass of cider sounds lovely though ;-)) Sadly this weather is pants and i think the whole country should stand together and do a sunshine dance ;-)) dee xx

Tina said...

I would love to celelbrate the solstice in Stonehenge one day too.
This weather is being so horrible. I am start to think that summer will be cancelled. But I still want to keep my hopes up.
xx

fee @ chipper nelly said...

you do make me laugh Vicky.
Grim weather here still too - put my heater and thick socks back on today in the workshop...what's that about at the end of June??!!
Anyway, giveaway going on at mine right now...pop over
fee x